TikTok is one of the most downloaded and hip apps both on IOS and Android. Since the app came out, its popularity has risen undeniably, especially among teens and young adults, despite all the controversy surrounding it. Watching videos on TikTok is super addictive, and if you found a gem of a video, you might want to download it to watch over and over again.
Unlike other social media platforms, TikTok makes it easy to download content from other creators with its built-in feature. This means you don’t have to use a TikTok video downloader app for this purpose unless the video you want to download is private or protected. But the issue with these videos is that they have a huge floating watermark on them, which can be really annoying while watching the videos.
Read more to learn how you can download both public and private TikTok videos and how you can watch videos without a watermark.
How to Download Public Videos on TikTok
If the creator of the TikTok videos makes them public and enables video downloading by others, you can download them directly on the app. Here is how to do it.
- Downloading Public Videos on iPhone and Android
You can download unprotected videos on your iPhone or Android phone in two ways.
- Using the Share Icon
- Search for the video you want to download on the TikTok app.
- Tap the video to open it.
- Once you opened the video and it starts playing, tap, and hold. You will see the options, ‘save video,’ ‘add to favorites’ and ‘not interested.’
- Tap ‘save the video,’ and choose where to save it. You can also e-mail it to yourself if you don’t have the storage space at that moment.
- Using the Save Video Option
- Repeat the first two steps above.
- Click on the share icon on the right of the screen.
- Choose ‘Save Video’ from the pop-up menu. The video will be saved either in your downloads or video folder.
Unfortunately, downloading them like this will leave a huge watermark on them. To minimize the watermark, you can download it via Live Photos on your iPhone or use a TikTok video downloader.
- Downloading Public TikTok Videos on iPhone via Live Photos
If you have an iPhone, you can download a TikTok video as a live photo, and it will just have a tiny watermark. Follow these steps:
- Open the video and tap on the share icon.
- Click on the ‘Live Photo’ option at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, open your photo gallery, select the live photo, open sharing options. Tap on ‘Save as Video.’
How to Download Protected TikTok Videos
TikTok doesn’t allow you to download protected videos, but you can use third-party apps to download them.
There are many TikTok downloader options for IOS as well as for Android. Here are some of the most trusted ones.
- TikTok Video Downloader IOS: Some of the most popular TikTok Downloader iPhone apps are SaveTok and WeDownload by Solodigitalis and Total Files.
- TikTok Video Downloader Android: There are many apps for Android that enables video downloads from TikTok. Some of the other popular apps are; Video Downloader for tik tok, All Video Downloader, Downloader for TikTok.
Conclusion on How to Download Videos from TikTok
TikTok is a fun and addictive app for making and sharing 15-second videos. If the videos are public and the creator allows downloading, you can download them directly using the ‘share’ or ‘save video’ option in the app. But if the TikTok video is protected, you have to use a third-party app to download the video on your device. Using this method will also get rid of the huge watermark. It is important to note that downloading third-party apps can be risky. Our suggestion is to use InstaFollowers, which is one of the safest and easiest apps to use. When you download a protected video, save it for private use rather than sharing to avoid any legal issues. Also, if you download a public video, make sure to credit the creator.