How good is your English vocabulary? Do you like playing word games and solving crossword puzzles? If you are up for a challenge, here are some word games you can try. The answers for all of them are given at the end of the article; you can check them once you are done with them.
When you started learning the English language, you would have learnt monosyllabic words, disyllabic words and trisyllabic words and slowly moved on to polysyllabic words. Later, you might have learnt them according to their functions as well. Today, let us first see how good you are with small words. The following section will require you to identify one-letter words to five-letter words by decoding the clues provided. With each correct answer, you would gain two points; calculate them at the end to see how much you scored.
Guess the Words
- I am the only letter that is always capitalised when I stand alone. Who am I?
- I am a two-letter verb you use to speak about what you are doing now. Who am I?
- I am a letter, an action and a noun. Who am I?
- I have a tail, and I can fly high in the sky if you help me. Who am I?
- I am a palindrome; you can read me forwards or backwards. Either way, I will tell you a particular time of the day. Guess who I am.
- You will need something old, something new, something borrowed, and something _______.
- I can be solid, liquid and gas. What am I?
- I am a fictional character; I can get green and huge with rage. Who am I?
- People say that I am just a number; I guess that is just because they cannot go back in time. Who am I?
- People are often scared of me, maybe because they can’t see anything. What am I?
That was just the beginning. Ready for the next one? Let us move on to some bigger words. In the following game, you will see 6 letter words up to 12-letter words. All you have to do is to unscramble them to find out what the words are.
Let’s Play Unscramble
Now, let’s see if you are good at forming anagrams and pangrams. This is what you will have to do – Form as many words (with a minimum of three letters) as you can from the letters given and at least one word with all the letters given. You can repeat the letters if required. Also, note the highlighted letter should be used in every word you form.
Form Anagrams and Pangrams
- L U N T S E H
- Y W D E A N S
- D N U E I C
- P A R Y L T N E
- S E B N T A M
Guess the Words – Answers
- C, see, sea
Let’s Play Unscramble – Answers
- SANTA CLAUS
Form Anagrams and Pangrams – Answers
- Anagrams – Ten, Test, Nut, Stent, Sent, Lent, Stunt, Hunt, Tent
Pangram – NUTSHELL
- Anagrams – Dean, Sad, Say, Way, Day, Nay, Sane, Wane
Pangram – WEDNESDAY
- Anagrams – Need, Deed, Dune, Cede, Yes, Dice, Dine, Nine, Died, Die
Pangram – UNDECIDED
- Anagrams – Part, Party, Partly, Year, Pear, Rent, Rant, Rat, Tear, Peer, Yearly, Try, Are
Pangram – APPARENTLY
- Anagrams – Meant, Man, Mean, Beam, Same, Seem, Seam, Team, Meat, Meet, Tame
Pangram – BASEMENT